Since 1990, ike and students in the US and Europe have raised funds to help build existing programs and those being developed in order to improve the lives of tribal children and their families. Working through a network of Grandmothers and school administrators on US Indian reservations, assistance includes:
- Utility costs for propane and electricity
- Warm clothing during harsh winters
- Books for reservation school classrooms; beadwork and other recreational costs for dormitory students
- Crisis intervention services during such emergencies as home fires, and transportation to off-reservation medical facilities
- Ceremonial support to uphold tribal traditions
The generosity of all who have shared resources over the years is greatly appreciated.
For more information and to offer a contribution, contact ike[at]ikewest.com